Disadvantages of silicone based lubricants
- Water based to avoid water in a food and beverage production
- Silicone, an open molecule, immediately marries with water or dirt. It is used to grow bacteria in laboratories.
- Silicone is sprayed on the conveyors. The overspray (particles) are all over the production area, machines and conveyors.
- Silicone is difficult to clean, ruins conveyors and chains (sticky layer on conveyors)
- With eye contact, you can loose eyesight
- Lubricant separates and can block dosing units, brushes, tubes and the result is lubrication not working anymore
- Longer and more expensive cleaning
Expensive and dangerous in a clean production environment!